• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

sober now what?

DrinksWithEvil

Bluelighter
OKay i just got on suboxon about 9 days ago. I feel great, im gaining weight. But im bored. Bored out of my mind. Without drinking and opiates there is tons of free time for me to kill. what do u guys do to say busy? im going to get a gym membership on monday, start hitting that up and getting my muscle and weight back. last time i weighed myself i was 117 . i want to get back up to 140.

anyways let me know what u kids do to keep yourselves for facing the dreaded face of boredom.

Online gaming, offline gaming, pestering people on BL, walks, Mah Jong, visiting friends, reading, almost anything to avoid cleaning my cluttered apartment, but if I get desperate I could do even that.

Frisbee golf. Real Golf. Go to the gym. Movies.Bowling. Girls. road trip. pot. the list goes on and on basically find a hobby you enjoy and work at it like. Oh also go eat somewhere really nice like suishi or surf and turf reward yourself because you are doing really great. I am proud of you and I dont even know you.

You know what I have not done but I know would involve lots of time if I did it, learn a language. In fact enrolling in school credit or non-credit would eat up a good chunk of time. Volunteering can also pass the time and be pretty rewarding.

thanks crimmy. means alot. ya girls are good, but im kinda standoffish with girls now that im sober and need to rework my social skills from the ground up. once i get a job more doors should open up and more temptations ><

just need to find a hobby you enjoy the most. doing anything to proficiency takes time. a wise man once said it takes ten thousand hours to master a craft.

Work.

Volunteer.

Hobbies.

It really shouldn't ever be hard to fill your time with something. I'd definitely recommend the exercise and volunteering, very good for staying clean and improving yourself mentally and physically.

I'd recommend getting your body clock sorted too if you haven't already, i found that helped loads.
Exercise is a good plan, like you said with the whole gym membership.

When I stopped drinking and using opiates I started going walking loads, out in the countryside and that. I found it gave me thinking time and really cleared my head. With my new found sense of focus I put my efforts into learning new things everyday to the point that I’ll now be starting a degree course in October. As I wasn’t working when I gave up drinking and opiates I started doing voluntary conservation work one day a week, just found it good to do something different.
TV box sets are good for the night times too =D
Good Luck